HOW TO ORDER A MASK - Step by step instructions
If you need a mask for any occasion - a Masquerade ball, a school ball, a 21st, a corporate event, a special celebration - I would love to create a unique one for you, wherever you are in the world.
I am happy to accept and ship INTERNATIONAL orders using Paypal.
PLEASE READ THIS PAGE CAREFULLY for it contains all you need to know about placing an order including:
- step-by-step process
- points to note
- price guide
COMPREHENSIVE STEP BY STEP ORDERING GUIDE:
Firstly, follow these steps to get clear on what you might like and how you might obtain it ... there are a few steps involved, but if you have any queries or are unsure of anything, feel free to contact me using the Contact page or on 021480323.
1. Consider what your budget is. You can check the Mask Prices page to ascertain if I can create something for you within your budget. I aim to keep my masks affordable - if you order your mask from me, you will certainly have a unique high quality mask at a reasonable price that no one else at your function will have. Better than "cheap and cheerful", my masks are "affordable and fabulous" !!!
2. Check the Mask Styles pages, the Design Options page, as well as all the Showcase pages, within this Masks section. These pages will give you a comprehensive overview of the huge range of styles and themes I can create for you, whatever your event.
3. Select a style you like.
4. Consider what colours you want your mask to be, to tie in with your outfit.
5. Consider what embellishments you want i.e. feathers, dangles, crystals etc.
6. I like to add a hint of metallic to add oomph and highlight, in addition to the base colour palette i.e. silver, gold or copper. So consider which metallic you would prefer. You may choose not to have a metallic accent, if you don't think this would be right for you.
7. Look at the various styles in all the Showcase pages - if you see something you like, let me know and I can create it in your colours. If you would like a combination of various mask designs, I can create it for you. You can pick and choose, and if you let me know how simple or ornate you would like your mask to be, and what sort of designs and embellishments you would like (or not), I can create a mask to suit.
8. All masks comes with elastic. You can also have ribbon ties if you wish (the ribbons will tie over the elastic and hide it).
9. All masks can be mounted on a stick. I do a removable stick, which is decorated in the same colours as the masks and attached discretely to it in such a way that it can be removed when you are sick of holding the mask. Juggling food and drinks can become difficult while holding the mask, so I add ribbons as well. This means you can remove the stick and tie the mask on if you wish. Then you can use the stick as a "magic wand" if you desire! Having a stick costs a little extra, but it definitely adds a dramatic effect, especially for entrance to a party, and it adds another dimension to how you can work the mask. You can have the stick permanently attached if you prefer (ideal for performances, weddings etc).
10. Once you have an idea of what you are after, please contact me to place your order. You can either complete the Contact form on this site, or you can phone me directly on 021-480323. If you are unsure, or would like to discuss various options, please do phone me, I am always more than happy to talk through ideas and options, as it can be confusing.
11. If you know what you are wearing, emailing me a photograph of your dress or outfit is really helpful. This means I can more fully envisage the look you are going for. Or if you are in Auckland, you can come to me for a Personal Consultation ($20).
12. Upon enquiry, or placement of an order, I will give you a quote, based on your design requests and/or our design discussions. If you are happy with the price, then I shall go ahead and create for you.
13. Once the mask is complete, I will email you a photo to make sure you are happy with it. Sometimes I will email a "in progress" photo - it is always easier to add on rather than take away, so sometimes I will email you a photo of the mask at an early stage, to make sure we are on the right track or to allow you to add more decoration.
14. If you are happy with how the mask looks in the photo (remembering that it is always hard to capture angles, contours, sparkle and detail), then we organise payment and delivery. I will email you an invoice for internet banking. Once payment shows up, I will post or courier your mask to you. If you are in Auckland and prefer to pick up, this can be arranged by appointment.
15. You receive your fabulous mask ... and start anticipating your special occasion!
16. Hopefully you will take some great photos at your function - I would love you to send them to me, so that I can see the masks "in action", and also possibly put up on my Showcase 6 - Masks IN ACTION page on this site.
POINTS TO NOTE:
There are some important points to take heed of when considering what type of mask you might select. These are outlined below ...
1. MATERIAL: The masks I use are a high quality papier mache material. I cut them to shape myself, based on your request, give them a plaster coating, and then hand decorate them to order. Each mask is light and sturdy and very comfortable. Unlike cheap plastic masks, these masks "breathe". The masks are so light you won't even know you are wearing one, in fact it's very easy to wear your mask all night long, if that's how the evening goes, without even noticing (except for the constant stream of compliments of course!)
2. SIZE: The masks fit every shape and size of face - I have yet to find a face the mask doesn't fit, even extremely large faces.
3. CREATIVITY: If you are really unsure about what you want, and don't feel you're very creative, I am happy to take creative licence and design a mask for you. As long as you give me an indication of what you will be wearing and how simple or ornate you would like the mask to be, I can create something special for you.
4. SPECTACLE WEARERS: If you wear prescription glasses, it can be difficult to wear a mask. If you can wear contact lenses for the evening, that will overcome any problems. If you can cope with blurry vision, that's all good. But if you are someone who absolutely cannot do without your glasses, we need to address this. My VENETO range is flexible and light and fits snugly over specs, so this is a good option. Some low profile specs fit snugly beneath Traditional mask bases. Some glasses will fit over the masks - but this of course changes the look entirely. Another option is to go with a stick - although this does mean juggling food and drink and your mask, which is not always that simple.
5. CHALLENGE: I am always keen for a challenge. If you find a mask on another [overseas] website, or have an image of a mask you would like, I am happy to have a look and consider if it is possible for me to create something similar. I may not have the necessary materials at my disposal, but I will always try to rise to the challenge and am available to discuss what is possible.
6. ACCESSORIES: If you would like to have shoes or a bag decorated to match your outfit and mask, I can hand decorate plain shoes and bags in a similar style to your mask. An extra element to the ensemble!
7. TREASURES: If you have a specific "treasure" you would like to have added to your mask - whether it be special lace or trim, or an ornament or piece of old jewellery that means something to you, I can incorporate this for you to truly personalise you rmask.
8. All "Artique" wall decoration masks come ready to hang, with a backing frame, and a small display easel if you wish.
9. You are most welcome to come and visit me, by appointment, to view a selection of sample masks, try them on for size and shape, and get a few ideas on colour and design. We can discuss your needs, you can bring your outfit, and we can make a plan. Just contact me and we can arrange this at a time to suit. I am based in Remuera. Phone me on 021480323 to sort a time. (Cost $20)
I prefer a week or two to be able to create a mask for you. Each mask is hand shaped and hand decorated to order. The mask is created in stages and finished to a high standard. This takes time and I don't like to cut corners. So the earlier you can get your order to me, the better.
If you have an urgent order, I can do a short turn-around time. There will be an extra charge for urgent orders (i.e. less than two days) as this does create extra pressure. I'm sure you'll understand! But I always like to oblige and if I can create a mask for you in a very short timeframe, I will do so. Naturally, postage time needs to be taken into account, but I can courier masks to you (at your own expense).
A SPECIAL AND UNIQUE MASK CREATED ESPECIALLY FOR YOU